Favored Brave Dave overcame a bad stumble at the start to register a front-running victory in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 2 at Monmouth Park.
Trainer Eddie Plesa Jr. reached a career milestone at Gulfstream Park April 6 with his 2,000th trip to the winner's circle after saddling Salt Water Cowboy for a victory in the fourth race.
Successful Mission parlayed a ground-saving trip into his first graded stakes win, resisting favored Voodoo Swinge in the final strides by a neck in the $125,000 Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT) on turf at Calder.
Padua Stables' homebred Electrify scored his fourth stakes of the season, taking over at the top of the stretch and then pulling away for a 2-length victory in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 15 at Calder Race Course.
The venerable 8-year-old horse Best of the Rest provided a fitting ending to the second annual Florida Million Saturday at Calder Race Course with a gritty victory in the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic for the second straight year.
Ultra-consistent Best of the Rest, ridden by Eibar Coa, defeated pace-making Booklet and a late-charging Grey Memo by 1 1/2 length Saturday in the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.
Bea Oxenberg's Best of the Rest notched his third consecutive stakes victory in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Filly First Winner for Line of David