Edward Duffy, a former Chicago police officer who went on to become an executive at two Illinois racetracks, died Jan. 4, 2014, in Arlington Heights, Ill., at age 68.
Derron Heldt, John Finamore, and Mark Midland were elected directors of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations at the organization's board of directors meeting Aug. 18 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth