Commendable, winner of the 2000 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) for owners Bob and Beverly Lewis, has died from complications of colic in South Korea, where he stood at stud.
Kentucky attorney Ned Bonnie, member of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, lays out his argument for joining the Water Hay Oats Alliance and for supporting federal oversight of medication use in horse racing. read blog
During a three-hour meeting of the Governor's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing Sept. 19, the harsh reality of the lack of funding and staffing for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission was brought to light.
The Stewards of The Jockey Club have approved changes to clarify the eligibility for registration of foals resulting from certain breeding practices. The longstanding rule permits registration and listing in The American Stud Book of only those foals that have been bred by natural means.
The Jockey Club has redesigned the certificate of foal registration and will begin issuing the new certificates May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight