Commendable, winner of the 2000 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) for owners Bob and Beverly Lewis, has died from complications of colic in South Korea, where he stood at stud.
Kentucky attorney Ned Bonnie, member of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, lays out his argument for joining the Water Hay Oats Alliance and for supporting federal oversight of medication use in horse racing. read blog
During a three-hour meeting of the Governor's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing Sept. 19, the harsh reality of the lack of funding and staffing for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission was brought to light.
The Stewards of The Jockey Club have approved changes to clarify the eligibility for registration of foals resulting from certain breeding practices. The longstanding rule permits registration and listing in The American Stud Book of only those foals that have been bred by natural means.
The Jockey Club has redesigned the certificate of foal registration and will begin issuing the new certificates May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale