Commendable, winner of the 2000 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) for owners Bob and Beverly Lewis, has died from complications of colic in South Korea, where he stood at stud.
Kentucky attorney Ned Bonnie, member of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, lays out his argument for joining the Water Hay Oats Alliance and for supporting federal oversight of medication use in horse racing. read blog
During a three-hour meeting of the Governor's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing Sept. 19, the harsh reality of the lack of funding and staffing for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission was brought to light.
The Stewards of The Jockey Club have approved changes to clarify the eligibility for registration of foals resulting from certain breeding practices. The longstanding rule permits registration and listing in The American Stud Book of only those foals that have been bred by natural means.
The Jockey Club has redesigned the certificate of foal registration and will begin issuing the new certificates May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa