Tim Keeley's homebred My Option earned her first graded stakes score in the $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) at Arlington Park July 20, fending off the bid of Frivolous to preserve the decision by a neck.
Leading Astray kicked off a big day for Team Block in fine fashion Sept. 15, notching her fourth triumph in a row and becoming a graded winner in the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Lothenbach Stable's Mister Mardi rallied from far back to get his first graded stakes win, taking the $100,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington.
Jockey Eduardo Perez won the 2,000the race of his career when he guided favored Lighthouse Judge to a nose victory at Hawthorne Race Course March 16.
Entering the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), Rumor Has It had not hit the winner's circle since Nov. 5, 2005. The 7-year-old gelding was 0-for-10 during that span, which was why he was sent off at odds of 59-1 Sept. 13 before romping to a 3 3/4-length victory.
Jockey Eduardo Perez was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill., after being thrown by his mount, Cats Jazzy, in the first race at Arlington Park Monday.
Jockey Eduardo Perez was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill. following an incident in the first race at Arlington Park when his mount, Cats Jazzy, broke down at the top of the stretch and threw the rider to the track.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park