Tim Keeley's homebred My Option earned her first graded stakes score in the $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) at Arlington Park July 20, fending off the bid of Frivolous to preserve the decision by a neck.
Leading Astray kicked off a big day for Team Block in fine fashion Sept. 15, notching her fourth triumph in a row and becoming a graded winner in the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Lothenbach Stable's Mister Mardi rallied from far back to get his first graded stakes win, taking the $100,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington.
Jockey Eduardo Perez won the 2,000the race of his career when he guided favored Lighthouse Judge to a nose victory at Hawthorne Race Course March 16.
Entering the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), Rumor Has It had not hit the winner's circle since Nov. 5, 2005. The 7-year-old gelding was 0-for-10 during that span, which was why he was sent off at odds of 59-1 Sept. 13 before romping to a 3 3/4-length victory.
Jockey Eduardo Perez was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill., after being thrown by his mount, Cats Jazzy, in the first race at Arlington Park Monday.
Jockey Eduardo Perez was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill. following an incident in the first race at Arlington Park when his mount, Cats Jazzy, broke down at the top of the stretch and threw the rider to the track.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase