Turfdonna had to call upon all her reserves to fend off closing Nightflower and win the Henkel-Pries der Diana (Ger-I, German Oaks) Aug. 2 at Dusseldorf.
Earl of Tinsdal put a stop to long winless drought when he slogged through the heavy turf and captured the Gran Premio del Jockey Club e Coppa d'Oro (Ity-I) Oct. 20 at San Siro racecourse in Milan.
Workmanlike. That word might best describe Novellist's win over Seismos in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 1 amidst his ongoing preparations for next month's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Secret Gesture was denied classic glory a second time when late-running Penelopa overtook her to win Henkel-Preis-Diana Deutsches Stuten-Derby (Ger-I, German Oaks) Aug. 4 at Dusseldorf.
German-based Novellist cruised to a comfortable win over former Australian-based group winner Retrieve in the Gran Premio del Jockey Club Italiano (Ity-I) at San Siro Racecourse in Milan Oct. 21.
Earl Of Tinsdal took the lead from the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy four-length victory in the Rheinland-Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne Aug. 14.
Dismissed at odds of 18-1, Querari was a determined winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course