Six stakes and total purses of $845,000 for 11 races will be offered Sept. 3 when Parx Racing returns from a more than three-week break with a program for mostly Pennsylvania-bred runners.
Arlington Park, Europe, Japan, Delaware Park, Gulfstream Park, Monmouth Park, Lone Star Park and more! view slideshow
Princess of Sylmar, a four-time grade I winner in 2013, has been named Pennsylvania Horse of the Year by the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
It's not unusual for trainer Bob Baffert to spread his talented 3-year-olds across the country, but he'll be trying something new with morning line favorite Power Broker in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) Oct. 5.
Edge of Reality, a Pennsylvania homebred owned by The Elkstone Group, appropriately won the Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx, named for the Pennsylvania-bred who won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
John Oxley's versatile Uncaptured, who has won on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the U.S. and Canada, heads a field of 10 for the Sept. 2 Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing.
Triple Crown contenders Verrazano and Itsmyluckyday head a seven-horse field entered in the $150,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds June 16 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win