Arlington Park, Europe, Japan, Delaware Park, Gulfstream Park, Monmouth Park, Lone Star Park and more! view slideshow
Princess of Sylmar, a four-time grade I winner in 2013, has been named Pennsylvania Horse of the Year by the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
It's not unusual for trainer Bob Baffert to spread his talented 3-year-olds across the country, but he'll be trying something new with morning line favorite Power Broker in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) Oct. 5.
Edge of Reality, a Pennsylvania homebred owned by The Elkstone Group, appropriately won the Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx, named for the Pennsylvania-bred who won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
John Oxley's versatile Uncaptured, who has won on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the U.S. and Canada, heads a field of 10 for the Sept. 2 Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing.
Triple Crown contenders Verrazano and Itsmyluckyday head a seven-horse field entered in the $150,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds June 16 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks