Employing his long, fluid stride, undefeated Atreides took another step forward at Gulfstream Park Aug. 30, capturing the $75,000 Monarchos Stakes by a remarkable 17 3/4 lengths for his third consecutive dominant victory.
Gulfstream Park officials said several jockeys escaped serious injury in spills in back-to-back races Jan. 20.
Victor Carrasco beat out fellow Puerto Rican riders Manuel Franco and Edgard Zayas to win the 2013 Eclipse Award as the nation's outstanding apprentice jockey.
Statistically speaking, there's little separating jockeys Victor Carrasco, Manuel Franco, and Edgard Zayas, the three Puerto Rican-born finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice rider.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Razor sharp Starship Truffles seized the lead rounding the turn and drew off impressively in the stretch to post an 8-1 upset in the $350,000 Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) July 6 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Gulfstream Park had all-sources handle of $1,986,428 for eight races June 25 as it held the first summer racing day in its 75-year history.
Most Popular Stories
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale