Hoping to avert what one racing secretary called "open season" on the horse population in the state, the California Horse Racing Board took the unusual step of contacting a litigant who has put the board in a tenuous situation over a claiming rule.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale