A Kentucky-bred Elusive Quality colt sold for 760,000 guineas (US$1,215,999), a European record for a breeze-up horse, at the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven sale April 18 in Newmarket.
A son of Danehill Dancer topped the opening day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale, bringing 170,000 guineas ($284,116 in U.S. funds) April 18 in England.
Craven Breeze-up sale catalog has 194 horses listed.
There was no six-figure transaction Wednesday, but the results were more solid during the second session of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England.
Day one of Tattersalls' December Foal Sale set records all round in Newmarket Wednesday. The 2,110,600-guinea turnover was up 99% on 2004, the 9,771gns average increased 56% and the 6,500gns median rose by 76%.
The first day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale in Newmarket, England, was topped Wednesday by a colt by locally-based sire Pivotal out of the unraced Persian Bold mare Persian Air returned 60,000 guineas when sold by 93-year-old breeder Evelyn Charlton from Trickledown Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th