A Kentucky-bred Elusive Quality colt sold for 760,000 guineas (US$1,215,999), a European record for a breeze-up horse, at the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven sale April 18 in Newmarket.
A son of Danehill Dancer topped the opening day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale, bringing 170,000 guineas ($284,116 in U.S. funds) April 18 in England.
Craven Breeze-up sale catalog has 194 horses listed.
There was no six-figure transaction Wednesday, but the results were more solid during the second session of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England.
Day one of Tattersalls' December Foal Sale set records all round in Newmarket Wednesday. The 2,110,600-guinea turnover was up 99% on 2004, the 9,771gns average increased 56% and the 6,500gns median rose by 76%.
The first day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale in Newmarket, England, was topped Wednesday by a colt by locally-based sire Pivotal out of the unraced Persian Bold mare Persian Air returned 60,000 guineas when sold by 93-year-old breeder Evelyn Charlton from Trickledown Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff