The City of Arcadia has proclaimed Sunday, April 19, as "Eddie Logan Day" in honor of Santa Anita's iconic shoeshine attendant who passed away on Jan. 31 at the age of 98.
Santa Anita Park lost an important link to its past glory when 98-year-old Eddie Logan, Santa Anita's iconic shoeshine attendant since opening day, Dec. 25, 1934, died early on the morning of Jan. 31 at his home in Monrovia, Calif.
Inside Information features Eddie Logan, Russell Baze and Equine Therapy.
Like he has for the better part of eight decades, Noble Threewitt was enjoying the toasty warmth of his heated tack room at Barn 14 Friday morning. Despite the fact that he has only three horses, he was at the barn at 5 a.m., as usual, even though the countdown is on.
Santa Anita Park has been inundated with so much rain since opening day on Dec. 26 track superintendent Steve Wood is having trouble keeping up with it.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Testa Rossi Makes Endeavour Return for Brown
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis