The City of Arcadia has proclaimed Sunday, April 19, as "Eddie Logan Day" in honor of Santa Anita's iconic shoeshine attendant who passed away on Jan. 31 at the age of 98.
Santa Anita Park lost an important link to its past glory when 98-year-old Eddie Logan, Santa Anita's iconic shoeshine attendant since opening day, Dec. 25, 1934, died early on the morning of Jan. 31 at his home in Monrovia, Calif.
Inside Information features Eddie Logan, Russell Baze and Equine Therapy.
Like he has for the better part of eight decades, Noble Threewitt was enjoying the toasty warmth of his heated tack room at Barn 14 Friday morning. Despite the fact that he has only three horses, he was at the barn at 5 a.m., as usual, even though the countdown is on.
Santa Anita Park has been inundated with so much rain since opening day on Dec. 26 track superintendent Steve Wood is having trouble keeping up with it.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry