Trainers Ron McAnally and Jack Van Berg will be honored during the annual Edwin J. Gregson Foundation annual dinner being held this year at Del Mar.
Trainer Alexis Barba is looking at lucky, in more ways than one. Her colt, Make Music for Me, who has been close to Lookin At Lucky three times, will get another shot in the Kentucky Derby.
Thoroughbred owner Mike Pegram will be honored at a dinner presented by the Edwin Gregson Foundation, which helps provide college scholarships to the children of backstretch workers.
The Southern California racetrack community gathered for a rare chance to hear Mace Siegel make a speech when the Gregson Foundation honored him and his daughter, Samantha, at a dinner in Pasadena April 15.
Roland Richard Sahm, who along with his wife, Ramona, campaigned Thoroughbreds throughout the late 1980s, including 1986 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Super Diamond, died on Jan. 25 at age 85 at his home in Rancho Santa Fe.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia