Jockey Pat Eddery was presented with the Sir Peter O'Sullevan Charitable Trust Award for a Lifetime's contribution to the sport of Horseracing during a luncheon in London, England on Wednesday.
Legendary rider Pat Eddery was blanked in five tries while saying good-bye to a 37-year British racing career Saturday at Doncaster.
In fitting fashion, the highlight of the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England came when Pat Eddery, who has announced this is his last year, rode Reel Buddy to a huge upset in the meet's biggest race, the Sussex Stakes (Eng-I).
Millenary, wearing blinkers for the first time, won the group II Princess of Wales's Stakes at Newmarket today. The 6-year-old son of Rainbow Quest won the same race last year.
Pat Eddery, the second most successful British jockey ever, announced today that he is retiring at the end of the 2003 season.
Frankie Dettori rode Grandera to victory in the Prince of Wales Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot on Wednesday, giving trainer Saeed bin Suroor his third successive win in the race.
If Christophe Soumillon, the rising star of the French jockey colony, had an ambition to win a classic as a teenager, he left it late. Eight hours before he turned 20, Soumillon and Anabaa Blue made off with Chantilly's 12-furlong French Derby (Prix du Jockey-Club, Fr-I).
John Dunlop-trained Golden Snake made his seasonal debut a winning one Sunday at Longchamp, taking the 10 1/2 furlong Prix Ganay (Fr-I) by three lengths over 4-year-old filly Egyptband. With the Flow was another three lengths back, with Little Rock fourth in the nine-horse field.
The English Jockey Club has levied 10-day suspensions to jockeys George Duffield and Pat Eddery for excessive use of the whip during Saturday's Coral-Eclipse Stakes at Sandown.
Little Rock, a bay son of Warning (by Known Fact) won Tuesday's Princess of Wales's Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket by a decisive 11 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017