A colt by Lemon Drop Kid consigned by Warrendale Sales was purchased by Ben Glass, agent for Gary and Mary West, for $230,000 at the Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale in Lexington July 12.
Wyomia Tyus, one of America's biggest track stars of the past, will have a 2-year-old filly named after her running in the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs.
Wyomia made her first stakes appearance a winning one, upsetting odds-on choice Delightful Mary in the $225,470 Mazarine (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Red Giant, who set a world record for 1 1/4 miles on turf, will stand the 2010 breeding season at Robert Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Edward Seltzer's Wow Me Free started slowly and trailed the field around the first turn, but the poor start did little to deter the daughter of Menifee, as she took over in mid-stretch and powered to a convincing 3 -length victory in the $104,400 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) March 29 at Aqueduct.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs has bought a 10% interest in unbeaten 3-year-old Greatness from Ed and Marilyn Seltzer.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Ballerina Next for La Verdad