Mutliple grade II winner Stormy Lucy is the 124-pound highweight in the June 28 Royal Heroine Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park that is expected to mark the U.S. debut of New Zealand champion Habibi.
Favored Stormy Lucy made her new connections look good when she came from off the pace to catch Miss Serendipity in the final strides to win the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck April 13 on the turf at Santa Anita.
Stormy Lucy, sold privately since her recent win in the Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT), returns to action for her new connections in the $150,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 13 on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Stormy Lucy, winner of the March 16 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita, has been sold privately to Steve Moger and has been moved to the barn of Moger's brother, Ed.
Eight of 10 incumbents are among the 15 individuals that won election to the Thoroughbred Owners of California board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike