Magna Entertainment Corp. chief executive officer Jim McAlpine received a $200,000 bonus last year for his "contribution to the growth and development of MEC during fiscal year 2003," according to proxy material being circulated.
General counsel Ed Hannah and Peter Beresford, executive vice president of marketing and strategic planning, have resigned their positions effective Aug. 29.
A top executive for Magna Entertainment Corp. told the California Horse Racing Board's parimutuel committee Wednesday that the company's inability to find suitable television distribution for its Santa Anita signal has "caused us chagrin."
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- WV Stakeholders Seek Racing Revenue Boost
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million