Overbrook Farm's Day Trader was an easy winner of Saturday's $150,000 Kentucky Cup Sprint (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park, breaking alertly and drawing away from the field before tallying by three lengths.
Hollywood Park's first race Monday is the $150,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II), the first of three graded stakes on the track's holiday card.
Led by Essence of Dubai, Godolphin Racing's entry filled the exacta spots in Saturday's $250,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, giving Pulpit his first stakes winner as a sire. Morning-line favorite Came Home was scratched due to some filling in his right-front leg.
Came Home, who set a stakes record in winning the seven-furlong Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga earlier this month, will start in Saturday's one-mile Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) according to co-owner John Toffan.
A field of seven, including The Thoroughbred Corp.'s impressive Officer, are set to compete in Wednesday's $250,000 Del Mar Futurity, the grade II feature on the closing-day card.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Force the Pass Heads Fort Marcy
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'