Overbrook Farm's Day Trader was an easy winner of Saturday's $150,000 Kentucky Cup Sprint (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park, breaking alertly and drawing away from the field before tallying by three lengths.
Hollywood Park's first race Monday is the $150,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II), the first of three graded stakes on the track's holiday card.
Led by Essence of Dubai, Godolphin Racing's entry filled the exacta spots in Saturday's $250,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, giving Pulpit his first stakes winner as a sire. Morning-line favorite Came Home was scratched due to some filling in his right-front leg.
Came Home, who set a stakes record in winning the seven-furlong Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga earlier this month, will start in Saturday's one-mile Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) according to co-owner John Toffan.
A field of seven, including The Thoroughbred Corp.'s impressive Officer, are set to compete in Wednesday's $250,000 Del Mar Futurity, the grade II feature on the closing-day card.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Will American Freedom Upset the Gold Cup?
- Congressmen Say Federal Bill Targets Lack of Uniformity
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely