Overbrook Farm's Day Trader was an easy winner of Saturday's $150,000 Kentucky Cup Sprint (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park, breaking alertly and drawing away from the field before tallying by three lengths.
Hollywood Park's first race Monday is the $150,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II), the first of three graded stakes on the track's holiday card.
Led by Essence of Dubai, Godolphin Racing's entry filled the exacta spots in Saturday's $250,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, giving Pulpit his first stakes winner as a sire. Morning-line favorite Came Home was scratched due to some filling in his right-front leg.
Came Home, who set a stakes record in winning the seven-furlong Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga earlier this month, will start in Saturday's one-mile Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) according to co-owner John Toffan.
A field of seven, including The Thoroughbred Corp.'s impressive Officer, are set to compete in Wednesday's $250,000 Del Mar Futurity, the grade II feature on the closing-day card.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes