Overbrook Farm's Day Trader was an easy winner of Saturday's $150,000 Kentucky Cup Sprint (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park, breaking alertly and drawing away from the field before tallying by three lengths.
Hollywood Park's first race Monday is the $150,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II), the first of three graded stakes on the track's holiday card.
Led by Essence of Dubai, Godolphin Racing's entry filled the exacta spots in Saturday's $250,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, giving Pulpit his first stakes winner as a sire. Morning-line favorite Came Home was scratched due to some filling in his right-front leg.
Came Home, who set a stakes record in winning the seven-furlong Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga earlier this month, will start in Saturday's one-mile Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) according to co-owner John Toffan.
A field of seven, including The Thoroughbred Corp.'s impressive Officer, are set to compete in Wednesday's $250,000 Del Mar Futurity, the grade II feature on the closing-day card.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race