Echo Eddie and Disturbingthepeace are both in the Orient for the Japan Cup sprint race on March 30.
Debonair Joe, who in only 3 1/2 months went from being a $12,500 claimer to a grade I stakes winner, will run in the $100,000 Ken Maddy Sprint at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
After Captain Squire scored a 5 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $250,000 FedEx Sunshine Millions Sprint at Santa Anita in a blistering time of 1:08.15, trainer Jeff Mullins left little doubt on what's on his mind later this year.
Kona Gold had his final breeze over the Santa Anita main track Friday morning for Sunday's $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) for older horses at six furlongs.
On Sunday at Saratoga, Orientate seeks his third graded stakes victory on the year as a prohibitive favorite in the 18th running of the $200,000 A.G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk