Echo Eddie and Disturbingthepeace are both in the Orient for the Japan Cup sprint race on March 30.
Debonair Joe, who in only 3 1/2 months went from being a $12,500 claimer to a grade I stakes winner, will run in the $100,000 Ken Maddy Sprint at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
After Captain Squire scored a 5 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $250,000 FedEx Sunshine Millions Sprint at Santa Anita in a blistering time of 1:08.15, trainer Jeff Mullins left little doubt on what's on his mind later this year.
Kona Gold had his final breeze over the Santa Anita main track Friday morning for Sunday's $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) for older horses at six furlongs.
On Sunday at Saratoga, Orientate seeks his third graded stakes victory on the year as a prohibitive favorite in the 18th running of the $200,000 A.G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Saratoga Study Touts Impact of VLT Revenue
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over