MTR Gaming Group, the owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, hits some new financial records for the third quarter but still reported a decline in earnings per share.
Penn National Gaming, Inc. (PENN: Nasdaq) today reported record third quarter results for the period ended September 30.
- By Ron Mitchell
Youbet.com is on solid footing, according to the California online horse racing and wagering service's top executive. Chief executive officer David Marshall said he expects substantial increases in revenue and to secure additional capital within the next three months.
Magna Entertainment reported a 28% gain in fourth quarter revenue, but losses in net income and earnings per share for the three-month period ending Dec. 31. For the year, the Canadian racing conglomerate reported a 25.5% increase in revenue, a jump in net income from $441,000 to $13.5 million, and an increase in diluted earnings per share from 1 cents to 16 cents.
Penn National reported a record fourth quarter Monday with revenue climbing 48.1% and net income jumping 105.2%. The Pennsylvania racetrack and casino company also announced it will be offering 2.5 million in additional shares of common stock, which should generate about $74 million. Another 1 million shares will be offered at the same time by the Carlino Family Trust.
Magna Entertainment showed some improvement during the third quarter ending Sept. 30, historically the company's weakest period of the year. Revenue for the Ontario-based racing conglomerate increased 31.1% for the quarter and 24.9% for the first nine months of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic