Joe Talamo, the leading candidate for this year's outstanding apprentice Eclipse Award, will no longer be represented by agent Ronnie Ebanks.
Riding on to the track at Santa Anita for the last race of the Oak Tree meet Nov. 4, leading rider Tyler Baze will flip shaded goggles down over his eyes and take a deep breath of the fresh, dry air, and will think of how close he came to losing this, the one pursuit he loves most in life.
Apprentice Joe Talamo, runaway leader in the jockey standings at Fair Grounds, will switch his tack to New York for the start of Aqueduct's main track meet in early April, according to his agent, Ronnie Ebanks.
- By Steve Haskin
Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., was suspended 14 days and handed a $25,000 fine by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board for having contact with his assistants while serving a 60-day suspension in 2005 for two medication positives and a claiming rules violation.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout