Joe Talamo, the leading candidate for this year's outstanding apprentice Eclipse Award, will no longer be represented by agent Ronnie Ebanks.
Riding on to the track at Santa Anita for the last race of the Oak Tree meet Nov. 4, leading rider Tyler Baze will flip shaded goggles down over his eyes and take a deep breath of the fresh, dry air, and will think of how close he came to losing this, the one pursuit he loves most in life.
Apprentice Joe Talamo, runaway leader in the jockey standings at Fair Grounds, will switch his tack to New York for the start of Aqueduct's main track meet in early April, according to his agent, Ronnie Ebanks.
Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., was suspended 14 days and handed a $25,000 fine by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board for having contact with his assistants while serving a 60-day suspension in 2005 for two medication positives and a claiming rules violation.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Arqana Opens With Record Sales, Median Rise
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff