In a face-off between an unbeaten colt and filly, Darley's filly Earthquake scored powerfully in the Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 22, leaving the highly regarded colt Rubick in her wake.
Pacesetter Moment Of Change found more in the closing strides to repel a strong threat from Eurozone, winning the Sportingbet C. F. Orr Stakes (Aus-I) by a head Feb. 8 at Caulfield.
Earthquake damage to Nakayama Racecourse has forced the rescheduling and relocation of Japan's first classic race, the Japanese 2000 Guineas (Jpn-I) to Tokyo Racecourse. The race will be run April 24 instead of April 17.
Four group races are affected by the cancellation. Racing will be held at Hanshin and Kokura racecourses.
The devastation in Japan that was caused by an earthquake and a tsunami March 11 did little harm to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation in Japan.
A 6.9 earthquake centered approximately 175 miles south of Santa Anita Park had no effect upon a field of seven horses running one mile on turf during the tremblor April 4.
Coolmore stallion owners are donating one nomination to everyone of their stallions worldwide to aid humanitarian efforts following last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe in Asia, it was announced Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays