With a victory in the third race at Gulfstream Park Friday, Dec. 13, Javier Castellano established a new North American single-season purse earnings record for jockeys.
Will Carson and Jerry Pint's Heza Wild Guy failed in his attempt to win his fourth consecutive A.J. Foyt Stakes at Indiana Downs July 13 but did earn enough money to become the all-time leading Indiana-bred money winner.
Will Carson and Jerry Pint's Heza Wild Guy, now in his ninth season of racing, has a chance to become the top Indiana-bred money winner of all time July 13 in the A.J. Foyt Stakes at Indiana Downs.
The scariest thing about trainer Bobby Frankel setting a North American single-season earnings record on Halloween is that there are still two months left in 2003.
Trainer Bobby Frankel, headed for his third consecutive Eclipse Award as the nation's top trainer, will not set the national money-earning record in 2002.
Trainer Bobby Frankel is running out of time in his quest for D. Wayne Lukas' national purse earnings record.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming