Gainesway sire Tapit set the single-season earnings record for a North American-based sire Oct. 31, when Untapable won the $2 million Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
With a victory in the third race at Gulfstream Park Friday, Dec. 13, Javier Castellano established a new North American single-season purse earnings record for jockeys.
Will Carson and Jerry Pint's Heza Wild Guy failed in his attempt to win his fourth consecutive A.J. Foyt Stakes at Indiana Downs July 13 but did earn enough money to become the all-time leading Indiana-bred money winner.
Will Carson and Jerry Pint's Heza Wild Guy, now in his ninth season of racing, has a chance to become the top Indiana-bred money winner of all time July 13 in the A.J. Foyt Stakes at Indiana Downs.
The scariest thing about trainer Bobby Frankel setting a North American single-season earnings record on Halloween is that there are still two months left in 2003.
Trainer Bobby Frankel, headed for his third consecutive Eclipse Award as the nation's top trainer, will not set the national money-earning record in 2002.
Trainer Bobby Frankel is running out of time in his quest for D. Wayne Lukas' national purse earnings record.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic