The slight favorite is Goldencents at 5-1. Goldencents is trained by last year's Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill. Also at 5-1 is Revolutionary, who will be ridden by three-time Derby winner Calvin Borel.
Animal Kingdom and Master of Hounds received the bulk of the early betting action for the Belmont Stakes; Shackleford was being largely ignored.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr.I) winner Mine That Bird is the big even-money favorite in early wagering for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), with Charitable Man and Chocolate Candy both at 5-1.
Continuing a week-long trend of perfect weather, Belmont Day dawned sunny with a pleasing, refreshing breeze. Forecasts call for the afternoon to remain sunny with a high of 82. The main track will be fast. New York Racing Association officials, citing a stronger Belmont Stakes field and nicer weather, were anticipating an attendance figure that improves on last year's on-site gathering of 67,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding