The slight favorite is Goldencents at 5-1. Goldencents is trained by last year's Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill. Also at 5-1 is Revolutionary, who will be ridden by three-time Derby winner Calvin Borel.
Animal Kingdom and Master of Hounds received the bulk of the early betting action for the Belmont Stakes; Shackleford was being largely ignored.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr.I) winner Mine That Bird is the big even-money favorite in early wagering for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), with Charitable Man and Chocolate Candy both at 5-1.
Continuing a week-long trend of perfect weather, Belmont Day dawned sunny with a pleasing, refreshing breeze. Forecasts call for the afternoon to remain sunny with a high of 82. The main track will be fast. New York Racing Association officials, citing a stronger Belmont Stakes field and nicer weather, were anticipating an attendance figure that improves on last year's on-site gathering of 67,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga