The slight favorite is Goldencents at 5-1. Goldencents is trained by last year's Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill. Also at 5-1 is Revolutionary, who will be ridden by three-time Derby winner Calvin Borel.
Animal Kingdom and Master of Hounds received the bulk of the early betting action for the Belmont Stakes; Shackleford was being largely ignored.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr.I) winner Mine That Bird is the big even-money favorite in early wagering for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), with Charitable Man and Chocolate Candy both at 5-1.
Continuing a week-long trend of perfect weather, Belmont Day dawned sunny with a pleasing, refreshing breeze. Forecasts call for the afternoon to remain sunny with a high of 82. The main track will be fast. New York Racing Association officials, citing a stronger Belmont Stakes field and nicer weather, were anticipating an attendance figure that improves on last year's on-site gathering of 67,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista