The slight favorite is Goldencents at 5-1. Goldencents is trained by last year's Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill. Also at 5-1 is Revolutionary, who will be ridden by three-time Derby winner Calvin Borel.
Animal Kingdom and Master of Hounds received the bulk of the early betting action for the Belmont Stakes; Shackleford was being largely ignored.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr.I) winner Mine That Bird is the big even-money favorite in early wagering for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), with Charitable Man and Chocolate Candy both at 5-1.
Continuing a week-long trend of perfect weather, Belmont Day dawned sunny with a pleasing, refreshing breeze. Forecasts call for the afternoon to remain sunny with a high of 82. The main track will be fast. New York Racing Association officials, citing a stronger Belmont Stakes field and nicer weather, were anticipating an attendance figure that improves on last year's on-site gathering of 67,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green