The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Meandre continued his winning ways with a decisive 1 1/4-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) at Hoppegarten July 22.
Earl of Tinsdal took the lead at the start and never relinquished it, drawing off for a 3 1/2-length victory in the Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at San Siro June 10.
Campanologist returned to the winner's circle for the first time in over a year when he cruised to an easy victory in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) at Cologne Sept. 25.
Earl Of Tinsdal took the lead from the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy four-length victory in the Rheinland-Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne Aug. 14.
Waldpark took command with more than a furlong to run and drew off for an impressive two-length victory in the $415,578 Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg July 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm