Lazy Lode dueled with Eagleton through the early going before pulling away to win the $150,000 Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) on a yielding turf course. The win marks the second graded stakes win on the Santa Anita card for The Thoroughbred Corporation, which also owns Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Point Given. The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Poetic also won the track's second race, an allowance race on turf, giving the stable three winners on the card.
Three Plus U Stable's Northern Quest, taking advantage of a soft turf course he seems to prefer, split horses at the top of the stretch en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $242,500 Golden Gate Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday at Golden Gate Fields. Under Victor Espinoza, the 6-year-old French-bred completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:58.58.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic