Favored Zagora found firm going much to her liking in capturing the $250,000 Ballston Spa Stakes (gr. IIT), presented by Jose Cuervo, in record time on the inner turf course Aug. 25 at Saratoga Race Course.
Bettors made Zagora the even-money favorite in the $150,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) and she rewarded their faith in her.
Zagora earned her first United States win in five starts when she charged home on the outside to tally convincingly in the $500,000 Diana Stakes (gr. IT) on the Saratoga turf July 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities