E. Paul Robsham Stables' homebred Sweet N Discreet made a successful try at 1 1/8 miles at Gulfstream Park Jan. 18, taking the $300,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Distaff over Devil's Cave.
E. Paul Robsham Stables' Discreet Dancer picked up the pieces of an incident-marred running of the Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) March 9, when Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Fort Larned stumbled at the start.
E. Paul Robsham Stables' Awesome Maria, who hadn't raced since last June, destroyed four foes, including champion Royal Delta, to win the $98,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) by eight lengths at Gulfstream Park Feb. 25.
Favored Broadway's Alibi, racing on an off-track for the first time in her career, made quite a splash in her stakes debut with a dominating 16 3/4-length victory in the Forward Gal (gr. II) Jan. 29 at rainy Gulfstream Park.
Awesome Maria remained perfect in four starts in 2011 and notched her first grade I win when she kicked away in the stretch to post an easy victory in the $250,000 Ogden Phipps Handicap June 18 at Belmont Park.
Heavily favored Awesome Maria battled Absinthe Minded down the long Belmont Park homestretch to prevail by a head in a thrilling finish to the $150,000 Shuvee Handicap (gr. II) May 21.
Discreetly Mine, who developed into one of the nation's top sprinters this summer before being injured, has been retired from racing according to E. Paul Robsham Stables' racing manager Anna Hall.
Discreetly Mine, whose bid to capture a classic earlier this year was unsuccessful, returned to the winner's circle for the first time since February when he scored in the Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size
- American Pharoah at Churchill Downs May 25
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene