Discreet Dancer, whose most recent start resulted in a third-place finish in the Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) nearly a year ago to the day, returned with a victory Feb. 6 at Gulfstream Park.
Discreet Dancer, who set a track record for 5 1/2 furlongs at Gulfstream Park winning his debut by 9 3/4 lengths on Dec. 3, confirmed that promise Jan. 7 as he drew clear to score by 5 1/2 lengths in an allowance test.
Discreet Dancer, a first time starter for Todd Pletcher, pulled away to a 9 3/4-length triumph opening day at Gulfstream Park Dec. 3, setting the 5 1/2-furlong track record in the process.
E. Paul Robsham Stables' Awesome Maria, undefeated in four starts in 2011, will be sidelined for the remainder of the year after suffering a condylar fracture of her left foreleg.
Paul Robsham Stable's homebred R Heat Lightning, probable favorite in the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), has been withdrawn from the race after heat was detected in her right knee.
Prince Will I Am scored his second straight graded stakes win when he held off Rahy's Attorney to take the $150,000 Mac Diarmida (gr. IIT) by three-quarters of a length Feb. 19 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records