The widow and son of the late jockey E. J. Perrodin are looking forward to a special night of remembrance when the rider is inducted into the Fair Grounds Hall of Fame March 4.
There were a lot of high points along the way in the lengthy and distinguished riding career of Louisiana-born jockey Elvis (E. J.) Perrodin, but at 55 years of age, the popular reinsman decided to hang up his tack.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge