Legislate was named South Africa's Horse of the Year at a glittering awards ceremony in Johannesburg Aug. 13.
Legislate was promoted to first place in a dramatic outcome to the rough finish of the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), South Africa's most famous race July 5 at Greyville Racecourse.
Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
by John P. Sparkman,
When Galileo retired to stud at Coolmore in 2002, his sire Sadler's Wells was widely viewed as a disappointing sire of sires in Europe.
Favored Harissa put away front-running Aspenglow in the final sixteenth of a mile to register her first graded stakes win Feb. 19 in the $150,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park.
Southern California shipper Harissa got hot at the right time when she pulled away from pacesetter Hayley's Halo to win the $200,000 Sunland Park Oaks in New Mexico March 28.
Dynasty, a South African Horse of the Year and widely regarded along with Horse Chestnut as the outstanding South African racehorse of the past 20 years, will stand at Antony Beck's Highlands Stud near Robertson in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact