Glen Hill Farm's Rich In Spirit, a two-time stakes winner over Churchill Downs' Matt Winn Turf Course, heads a full cast in the $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday.
Glen Hill Farm's homebred Rich in Spirit, runner-up in the recent Early Times Mint Julep (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs and a winner of nearly $400,000 on the turf, takes on seven rivals in $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill turf Saturday.
Glen Hill Farm's Rich in Spirit figures to be heavily favored in Saturday's $200,000 Virginia Oaks at Colonial Downs. The 1 1/8-mile turf race kicks off an all-stakes Pick 3 that also consists of the Mede Cahaba All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr, IIIT) and Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT).
Fair Grounds shipper Cape Hope heads into Saturday's $100,000 Herecomesthebride (gr. IIIT) as the one to beat in the 3-year-old filly stakes on the Gulfstream Park grass.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Arqana Opens With Record Sales, Median Rise
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff