Glen Hill Farm's Rich In Spirit, a two-time stakes winner over Churchill Downs' Matt Winn Turf Course, heads a full cast in the $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday.
Glen Hill Farm's homebred Rich in Spirit, runner-up in the recent Early Times Mint Julep (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs and a winner of nearly $400,000 on the turf, takes on seven rivals in $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill turf Saturday.
Glen Hill Farm's Rich in Spirit figures to be heavily favored in Saturday's $200,000 Virginia Oaks at Colonial Downs. The 1 1/8-mile turf race kicks off an all-stakes Pick 3 that also consists of the Mede Cahaba All Along Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr, IIIT) and Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT).
Fair Grounds shipper Cape Hope heads into Saturday's $100,000 Herecomesthebride (gr. IIIT) as the one to beat in the 3-year-old filly stakes on the Gulfstream Park grass.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup