Parranda collared pacesetter Skylander Girl with a sixteenth to run and pulled clear to win the $150,000 Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 10 at Gulfstream Park.
Parranda seems to be enjoying California after her first start for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, coming from off the pace to win the $100,000 Wilshire Stakes (gr. IIIT) going away on the Santa Anita Park turf April 27.
After laying down a dawdling early pace in the $150,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT), Parranda swiftly accelerated entering the stretch to secure a clear victory from charging Riposte Feb. 8 at Gulfstream Park.
Parranda extended her recent success against other Florida-breds when she took command off the far turn and was never threatened late in the $150,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf Jan. 18 at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- TOBA October Member of the Month