Fleet Indian's victory in the 1 1/4-mile Delaware Handicap (gr. II) was so easy it was hard to believe the field was running for $1 million Sunday at Delaware Park. Ridden by Jose Santos for trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Paul H. Saylor, the brilliant 5-year-old mare galloped to her sixth straight triumph and went over the $1 million earnings mark.
Paul Saylor's Fleet Indian will try to extend her current winning streak to six in the $1,000,000 grade II Delaware Handicap at Delaware Park this Sunday. The 1 1/4-mile test for fillies and mares has attracted a field of 10.
Fitzhugh LLC's Sticky appeared to be beaten at the top of the lane, but she found another gear in deep stretch to win Saturday's $85,000 Maryland Racing Media Handicap for fillies and mares by a half-length at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses