Stakes winner Dynameaux sired his first winner when the two-year-old filly Dynamic Cowgirl split foes at the three-sixteenths pole, and kicked clear of rivals to post a 1 1/2 length score in a $14,500 maiden special weight for state-breds at Sam Houston Race Park on December 16.
Stakes winner Dynameaux will enter stud at Dr. Richard Mays' Key to the Hills Farm near Boerne, Texas.
Team Block's Mystery Giver unleashed a tremendous rally through the stretch to win the $150,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap for the second consecutive year Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Robby Albarado galloped Royal Spy through slow early fractions and saved enough in the tank to post a one-length win over Dynameaux in the $75,000 Col. E.R. Bradley Handicap on the turf.
Like its filly counterpart last weekend, the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap had horsemen pounding down the racing office Thursday as Saturday's feature race drew a full field of 14 with two exclusions. Fan Club's Mister drew post 14 and will run as the 120-pound highweight under Craig Perret.
Two sons of Dynaformer battled in the stretch of Keeneland's first spring stakes race, but it was Baptize who prevailed at the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered