Stakes winner Dynameaux sired his first winner when the two-year-old filly Dynamic Cowgirl split foes at the three-sixteenths pole, and kicked clear of rivals to post a 1 1/2 length score in a $14,500 maiden special weight for state-breds at Sam Houston Race Park on December 16.
Stakes winner Dynameaux will enter stud at Dr. Richard Mays' Key to the Hills Farm near Boerne, Texas.
Team Block's Mystery Giver unleashed a tremendous rally through the stretch to win the $150,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap for the second consecutive year Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Robby Albarado galloped Royal Spy through slow early fractions and saved enough in the tank to post a one-length win over Dynameaux in the $75,000 Col. E.R. Bradley Handicap on the turf.
Like its filly counterpart last weekend, the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap had horsemen pounding down the racing office Thursday as Saturday's feature race drew a full field of 14 with two exclusions. Fan Club's Mister drew post 14 and will run as the 120-pound highweight under Craig Perret.
Two sons of Dynaformer battled in the stretch of Keeneland's first spring stakes race, but it was Baptize who prevailed at the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park