An internationally-loaded field of 11 was drawn for the 1 1/4-mile E.P Taylor (Can-IT), which is the second of three grade I races on Woodbine's Sunday card.
Aviate and Aruna, who ran one-two at Churchill Downs earlier this year, will square off again in a competitive edition of the $500,000 Diana (gr. IT) July 30 at Saratoga.
Robert Scarborough's Cheetah came from the back of the pack and used an inside stretch move to score the $202,450 Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 9 at Delaware Park.
The Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park July 9 could be the perfect opportunity for She Be Classy to step up in class.
The Colonial Turf Cup, opened up this year to competitors of all ages, attracted a field of eight to Colonial Downs for the $500,000 event to be held the evening of June 18.
Irish-bred No Explaining finally held on for the first black-type score of her career when she prevailed impressively by a length over a strong late challenge from two rivals in the May 21 Gallorette Handicap (gr. III).
Shared Account, winner of last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the May 21 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77