An internationally-loaded field of 11 was drawn for the 1 1/4-mile E.P Taylor (Can-IT), which is the second of three grade I races on Woodbine's Sunday card.
Aviate and Aruna, who ran one-two at Churchill Downs earlier this year, will square off again in a competitive edition of the $500,000 Diana (gr. IT) July 30 at Saratoga.
Robert Scarborough's Cheetah came from the back of the pack and used an inside stretch move to score the $202,450 Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 9 at Delaware Park.
The Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park July 9 could be the perfect opportunity for She Be Classy to step up in class.
The Colonial Turf Cup, opened up this year to competitors of all ages, attracted a field of eight to Colonial Downs for the $500,000 event to be held the evening of June 18.
Irish-bred No Explaining finally held on for the first black-type score of her career when she prevailed impressively by a length over a strong late challenge from two rivals in the May 21 Gallorette Handicap (gr. III).
Shared Account, winner of last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the May 21 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Kettle Corn Gets First Winner at Belterra Park