Brown Advisory Iroquois Cheltenham Challenge will offer a $500,000 bonus for any horse to win both the Ladbrokes World Hurdle and 2016 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Steeplechase within 12 months.
Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
Dr. Jonathan D. Gitlin and Sara Jo Gill, daughter of the late steeplechase owner Calvin Houghland, will serve as honorary co-chairs at the 2010 Iroquois Steeplechase in Nashville.
K. Hardison Jr. has been named this year's inductee into the Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame, the Iroquois Steeplechase Race Committee announced April 23. The Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame honors owners, trainers, and riders who have played a significant role in making the Iroquois into a premiere event.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint