Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
Dr. Jonathan D. Gitlin and Sara Jo Gill, daughter of the late steeplechase owner Calvin Houghland, will serve as honorary co-chairs at the 2010 Iroquois Steeplechase in Nashville.
K. Hardison Jr. has been named this year's inductee into the Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame, the Iroquois Steeplechase Race Committee announced April 23. The Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame honors owners, trainers, and riders who have played a significant role in making the Iroquois into a premiere event.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox