Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
Dr. Jonathan D. Gitlin and Sara Jo Gill, daughter of the late steeplechase owner Calvin Houghland, will serve as honorary co-chairs at the 2010 Iroquois Steeplechase in Nashville.
K. Hardison Jr. has been named this year's inductee into the Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame, the Iroquois Steeplechase Race Committee announced April 23. The Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame honors owners, trainers, and riders who have played a significant role in making the Iroquois into a premiere event.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship