Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
Dr. Jonathan D. Gitlin and Sara Jo Gill, daughter of the late steeplechase owner Calvin Houghland, will serve as honorary co-chairs at the 2010 Iroquois Steeplechase in Nashville.
K. Hardison Jr. has been named this year's inductee into the Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame, the Iroquois Steeplechase Race Committee announced April 23. The Iroquois Steeplechase Hall of Fame honors owners, trainers, and riders who have played a significant role in making the Iroquois into a premiere event.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal