Chautauqua unleashed his trademark burst of speed with less than a furlong to run down Flemington's famed straight and snatched victory in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 20.
A sharp turn of foot took All Silent to the front and on to victory Nov. 8 in the $1-million Emirates Stakes (Aus-I) at one mile at Flemington in Australia.
The AUS$1 million Arrowfield Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) at Caulfield on Feb. 23, the first of three mega juvenile races in Australia over the next four weeks, was taken out by a familar combination in jockey Dwayne Dunn along with trainer David Hayes.
Dwayne Dunn completed a rare three-peat in a major with his grand ride on Sleek Chassis in the $1 million (Australian funds) Blue Diamond Stakes, (Aus-1) on Feb 24.
Kerrin McEvoy will be hospitalized for several days with bruising to the brain after a two-horse fall in the opening race at Flemington on Oaks day Nov 9.
Kingmambo sired his first Southern Hemisphere grade I winner as the U.S. bred Tawqeet won the $600,000 (Australian) Metropolitan Handicap (Aus-I) at Randwick on Oct 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale