Chautauqua unleashed his trademark burst of speed with less than a furlong to run down Flemington's famed straight and snatched victory in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 20.
A sharp turn of foot took All Silent to the front and on to victory Nov. 8 in the $1-million Emirates Stakes (Aus-I) at one mile at Flemington in Australia.
The AUS$1 million Arrowfield Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) at Caulfield on Feb. 23, the first of three mega juvenile races in Australia over the next four weeks, was taken out by a familar combination in jockey Dwayne Dunn along with trainer David Hayes.
Dwayne Dunn completed a rare three-peat in a major with his grand ride on Sleek Chassis in the $1 million (Australian funds) Blue Diamond Stakes, (Aus-1) on Feb 24.
Kerrin McEvoy will be hospitalized for several days with bruising to the brain after a two-horse fall in the opening race at Flemington on Oaks day Nov 9.
Kingmambo sired his first Southern Hemisphere grade I winner as the U.S. bred Tawqeet won the $600,000 (Australian) Metropolitan Handicap (Aus-I) at Randwick on Oct 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms