Barbaro's quest for the Triple Crown turned into a fight for his life, bringing much public attention to the fragility of horses' legs and feet.
The number of cases of Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) in Florida has risen to 84.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association will honor Daily Racing Form's longtime executive columnist Joe Hirsch during the organization's inaugural "horsemen's reception" at the Kentucky Derby Museum from 5-8 p.m. on May 1, the Tuesday of Derby week in Louisville. The Kentucky HBPA will also use the occasion to present the organization's first Horsemen's Award to Butch Lehr, track superintendent at Churchill Downs. The HBPA said the award exemplifies "horsemen helping horsemen through humanitarianism and dedication."
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training