Barbaro's quest for the Triple Crown turned into a fight for his life, bringing much public attention to the fragility of horses' legs and feet.
The number of cases of Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) in Florida has risen to 84.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association will honor Daily Racing Form's longtime executive columnist Joe Hirsch during the organization's inaugural "horsemen's reception" at the Kentucky Derby Museum from 5-8 p.m. on May 1, the Tuesday of Derby week in Louisville. The Kentucky HBPA will also use the occasion to present the organization's first Horsemen's Award to Butch Lehr, track superintendent at Churchill Downs. The HBPA said the award exemplifies "horsemen helping horsemen through humanitarianism and dedication."
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud