Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino earned reaccreditation from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance, the NTRA announced March 19.
Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino begins an impressive $16 million live horse racing season Dec. 7 continuing through April 16.
The 2011-12 season at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino ended with a total handle increase of nearly 5%, the track reported April 18.
Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino will distribute more than $19 million in purses during its live horse racing meet beginning Dec. 10 and running through April 19, 2011.
Sunland Park officials in Albuquerque announced May 29 that the track's premier race, formerly known as the WinStar Derby, will be renamed the Sunland Derby. It will carry an $800,000 purse with potential to reach $1 million.
Sunland Park set a single day handle record Feb. 3, when more than $2 million was wagered at the New Mexico racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining