Surviving a battle of attrition, Nonsuch Bay wins the Mother Goose over just three rivals.
With Take Charge Lady and Bella Bellucci both on the sidelines, a field of just five 3-year-old fillies will run Saturday at Belmont in the grade I Mother Goose Stakes.
Saturday's $250,000 Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park might be missing such notables names as You, Take Charge Lady, and Bella Bellucci, but the race isn't lacking a quality field.
Friday's 1-mile Acorn (gr. I), the first leg of the Triple Tiara at Belmont Park, boasts a showdown between star 3-year-old fillies Bella Bellucci and You.
A small but select group of six fillies are entered for Friday's Acorn at Belmont Park. All but one have won a graded stakes event.
Nonsuch Bay raced to her third victory in five starts, edging Wopping by a nose Saturday in the $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct.
West Point Thoroughbreds Ethan Man pressed the pace while three wide then motored past Axis en route to a three-length win in Saturday's $150,000 Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Under Pat Day, Ethan Man completed the seven furlongs in 1:22.29 on a fast track.
Dust Me Off earned her first careeer stakes win in Friday's $250,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park, upsetting previously undefeated grade II winner Belterra.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Riders Trujillo, Nakatani to Fight for PDJF
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend