Surviving a battle of attrition, Nonsuch Bay wins the Mother Goose over just three rivals.
With Take Charge Lady and Bella Bellucci both on the sidelines, a field of just five 3-year-old fillies will run Saturday at Belmont in the grade I Mother Goose Stakes.
Saturday's $250,000 Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park might be missing such notables names as You, Take Charge Lady, and Bella Bellucci, but the race isn't lacking a quality field.
Friday's 1-mile Acorn (gr. I), the first leg of the Triple Tiara at Belmont Park, boasts a showdown between star 3-year-old fillies Bella Bellucci and You.
A small but select group of six fillies are entered for Friday's Acorn at Belmont Park. All but one have won a graded stakes event.
Nonsuch Bay raced to her third victory in five starts, edging Wopping by a nose Saturday in the $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct.
West Point Thoroughbreds Ethan Man pressed the pace while three wide then motored past Axis en route to a three-length win in Saturday's $150,000 Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Under Pat Day, Ethan Man completed the seven furlongs in 1:22.29 on a fast track.
Dust Me Off earned her first careeer stakes win in Friday's $250,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park, upsetting previously undefeated grade II winner Belterra.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection