Pastorius proved that his win in the Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) wasn't a fluke when he sailed to an eight-length victory over older rivals in the Grosser Dallmayr-Preis-Bayeriches Zuchtrennen (Ger-I) in Munich July 29.
Durban Thunder took the lead at the start and never looked back as he cruised to a 1 1/2 length victory in the Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Ger-I) at Munich July 31.
Four grade or group I winners are among the 10 horses entered in the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) to be run at Keeneland Saturday.
Favored Silverfoot, ridden patiently by Rafael Bejarano, exploited an opening along the inside in the stretch run and pulled away for a 6 3/4-length romp in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) on the unique Kentucky Downs grass layout Saturday.
The connections of two U. S. turf specialists said Thursday they plan to embark on race campaigns this year that will include France's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp Oct. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage