Calder Race Course concluded its 112-day Calder Meet on Sunday, Oct. 15, with gains in average daily inter-track, intrastate, and combined mutuel handle. On-track attendance and average daily on-track wagering on Calder's live racing program were down slightly from last year.
John F. "Jack" Dunn, 70, owner/operator of Dunnhall Farm near Micanopy, Fla., died June 19 at his home.
Corey S. Johnsen, president of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie and Remington Park, was elected the 32nd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting Thursday at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
The nation's top three horse racing companies have teamed to study the current jockey scale of weights and make recommendations on potential national reforms to the Jockeys' Guild, horsemen's groups, racing associations and racing regulators.
A memorial service will be held for the late trainer Wally Dunn at Santa Anita Park on Monday at 1 p.m. It will be held at Clockers' Corner, a site he visited frequently until his death in late April. The Arcadia resident was 93.
W.T. "Wally" Dunn, who sent out four Kentucky Derby starters and won the 1964 Kentucky Oaks with Blue Norther, died recently at his Arcadia, Calif., home.
Retired trainer Wally Dunn, who sent out Colorado King to three major stakes victories at Hollywood Park in 1964, died earlier this week in his Arcadia apartment. He was 93.
Calder Race Course will become the latest Florida track to open a poker room when its live Thoroughbred meet begins April 26.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%