Jockey Travis Dunkleberger will likely miss two more weeks of racing while recovering from a Feb. 9 spill at Aqueduct. Despite not having fully recovered, Dunkleberger rode Prized Stamp to a second-place finish in Saturday's Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park.
Three horses fell nearing the stretch during the running of the ninth race at Aqueduct Saturday in a chain-reaction spill that left jockey Travis Dunkleberger hospitalized and two horses euthanized.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares