Jockey Travis Dunkleberger will likely miss two more weeks of racing while recovering from a Feb. 9 spill at Aqueduct. Despite not having fully recovered, Dunkleberger rode Prized Stamp to a second-place finish in Saturday's Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park.
Three horses fell nearing the stretch during the running of the ninth race at Aqueduct Saturday in a chain-reaction spill that left jockey Travis Dunkleberger hospitalized and two horses euthanized.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Union Rags Colt Goes for $1 Million at OBS