Blazing Speed swept around the early leaders in the stretch of the April 26 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin and found another gear in the final 100 meters to win by two lengths.
Dawn Approach and Magician, the respective English and Irish Two Thousand Guineas winners, look set to clash in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot in what may well be the defining race of the meet.
Despite poor visibility trackside due to fog, several European Breeders' Cup contenders managed their morning outings on both turf and dirt at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
First Defence's initial winner, 2-year-old Dundonnell, romped by 12 lengths at Lingfield in England Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance
- March Into Amsterdam Off Two Stakes Victories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green at Spa
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss