Blazing Speed swept around the early leaders in the stretch of the April 26 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin and found another gear in the final 100 meters to win by two lengths.
Dawn Approach and Magician, the respective English and Irish Two Thousand Guineas winners, look set to clash in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot in what may well be the defining race of the meet.
Despite poor visibility trackside due to fog, several European Breeders' Cup contenders managed their morning outings on both turf and dirt at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
First Defence's initial winner, 2-year-old Dundonnell, romped by 12 lengths at Lingfield in England Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby