The Irish-born veterinarian from Dundalk admits he never imagined years ago that he would find both success and happiness in the faraway land of Japan read blog
Fighting Brave, who brought the sale-topping price of $2 million at last year's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction, made his career debut a winning one at Dundalk in Ireland Oct. 4.
It looks as if Mastercraftsman will be joining stablemate Rip Van Winkle in the starting gate for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) after the colt's easy victory in the 1 1/8-mile Diamond Stakes on the all-weather track at Dundalk.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks