Good Night Shirt, tracing his own hoofprints that lead to a championship season in 2007, returned to Belmont Park on Sept. 21 and successfully defended his title as the heavy favorite in the second running of the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I) at 2 1/2 miles over national fences.
Dark Equation bounced back from a loss to his stablemate earlier this meet to take the $159,300 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-I) by a half-length over Be Certain at Saratoga Aug. 28.
Hudson River Farm's Moneytrain, who set a steeplechase course record at Colonial Downs last month in a dominating performance, is the horse to beat in Sunday's seventh annual Zeke Ferguson Memorial (NSA-III) at the Virginia racetrack.
Barracuda Stable's Tres Touche finally got a win in a grade I steeplechase, charging past pacesetter Preemptive Strike on the backstretch, and galloping off with rider Dave Bentley to a 20 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) in Nashville Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes