A Galileo filly topped the one-day yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale in England, bringing 275,000 guineas ($480,000) Nov. 23. She was one of the 153 horses that sold for a gross of 3,486,700 guineas $6,077,000), which represented an increase of 75% from last year. The average price of 22,789 guineas ($39,700) and the median price of 11,000 guineas ($19,170) were up 18% and 29%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park