A Galileo filly topped the one-day yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale in England, bringing 275,000 guineas ($480,000) Nov. 23. She was one of the 153 horses that sold for a gross of 3,486,700 guineas $6,077,000), which represented an increase of 75% from last year. The average price of 22,789 guineas ($39,700) and the median price of 11,000 guineas ($19,170) were up 18% and 29%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow