A Galileo filly topped the one-day yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale in England, bringing 275,000 guineas ($480,000) Nov. 23. She was one of the 153 horses that sold for a gross of 3,486,700 guineas $6,077,000), which represented an increase of 75% from last year. The average price of 22,789 guineas ($39,700) and the median price of 11,000 guineas ($19,170) were up 18% and 29%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance