French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Classic sire Mull of Kintyre, who stood at Coolmore Stud in Ireland, will relocate to the outfit's North American base, Ashford Stud, near Versailles, Ky.
A record price was established at the Keeneland 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday when Coolmore Stud interests went to $3.3-million to acquire a striking juvenile son of Pulpit.
One of the Lexington area's largest and most historic properties has a new owner from abroad. Dr. Tony Ryan lives in Ireland where he founded an airline, Ryanair, and owns three Thoroughbred farms. Now he owns 1,073 acres of famous Kentucky Bluegrass.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup