French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Classic sire Mull of Kintyre, who stood at Coolmore Stud in Ireland, will relocate to the outfit's North American base, Ashford Stud, near Versailles, Ky.
A record price was established at the Keeneland 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday when Coolmore Stud interests went to $3.3-million to acquire a striking juvenile son of Pulpit.
One of the Lexington area's largest and most historic properties has a new owner from abroad. Dr. Tony Ryan lives in Ireland where he founded an airline, Ryanair, and owns three Thoroughbred farms. Now he owns 1,073 acres of famous Kentucky Bluegrass.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days