French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Classic sire Mull of Kintyre, who stood at Coolmore Stud in Ireland, will relocate to the outfit's North American base, Ashford Stud, near Versailles, Ky.
A record price was established at the Keeneland 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday when Coolmore Stud interests went to $3.3-million to acquire a striking juvenile son of Pulpit.
One of the Lexington area's largest and most historic properties has a new owner from abroad. Dr. Tony Ryan lives in Ireland where he founded an airline, Ryanair, and owns three Thoroughbred farms. Now he owns 1,073 acres of famous Kentucky Bluegrass.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm