Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor DUI charges resulting from his July 20 arrest hours after winning the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.
Three-time Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I)-winning jockey Calvin Borel was taken off his mounts at Ellis Park Aug. 21 following his arrest and jailing on a charge of driving under the influence.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever