Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor DUI charges resulting from his July 20 arrest hours after winning the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.
Three-time Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I)-winning jockey Calvin Borel was taken off his mounts at Ellis Park Aug. 21 following his arrest and jailing on a charge of driving under the influence.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- El Kabeir in Sharp Drill for Kentucky Derby
- I'm a Chatterbox Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Duramente Storms Home in Japanese Guineas
- Lone Star Cancels Part of April 18 Race Card
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro