Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor DUI charges resulting from his July 20 arrest hours after winning the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.
Three-time Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I)-winning jockey Calvin Borel was taken off his mounts at Ellis Park Aug. 21 following his arrest and jailing on a charge of driving under the influence.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory