Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor DUI charges resulting from his July 20 arrest hours after winning the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.
Three-time Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I)-winning jockey Calvin Borel was taken off his mounts at Ellis Park Aug. 21 following his arrest and jailing on a charge of driving under the influence.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move