Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor DUI charges resulting from his July 20 arrest hours after winning the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.
Three-time Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I)-winning jockey Calvin Borel was taken off his mounts at Ellis Park Aug. 21 following his arrest and jailing on a charge of driving under the influence.
Sophia Santos, the 20-year-old daughter of Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos, is being held on a $1 million bond in a Nassau County, N.Y., jail and has been charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree vehicular manslaughter after she was involved in a Nov. 11 car accident that left one woman dead and another in critical condition.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season