Martin Schwartz has enjoyed great success buying European fillies and bringing them over to enjoy graded stakes success in the U.S., a move he seeks to repeat with Xcellence, who makes her third U.S. start in the Sands Point
Besilu Stables' Crown Queen stepped up to graded stakes company Aug. 16 and scored a third consecutive victory when edging out longshot Duff One to win the $285,000 Knob Creek Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Minorette, winner of the Belmont Invitational Oaks (gr. IT) July 5, brings a pair of bullet works to the Aug. 16 Knob Creek Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Race Course.
A Little Bit Sassy, winner of the Edgewood Stakes but disqualified from victory in the Regret (gr. IIIT) last time out, returns in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes (gr. IIT) as the second week of racing begins at Saratoga.
Somewhere in the 12-horse field of the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) one would think there is a budding turf star who will have a major impact on the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know