Martin Schwartz has enjoyed great success buying European fillies and bringing them over to enjoy graded stakes success in the U.S., a move he seeks to repeat with Xcellence, who makes her third U.S. start in the Sands Point
Besilu Stables' Crown Queen stepped up to graded stakes company Aug. 16 and scored a third consecutive victory when edging out longshot Duff One to win the $285,000 Knob Creek Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Minorette, winner of the Belmont Invitational Oaks (gr. IT) July 5, brings a pair of bullet works to the Aug. 16 Knob Creek Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Race Course.
A Little Bit Sassy, winner of the Edgewood Stakes but disqualified from victory in the Regret (gr. IIIT) last time out, returns in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes (gr. IIT) as the second week of racing begins at Saratoga.
Somewhere in the 12-horse field of the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) one would think there is a budding turf star who will have a major impact on the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse