Pacesetter My Afleet ran the race of his life Sept. 6 at Kentucky Downs as he denied highly regarded Medal Count in a thrilling finish to the $250,000 Dueling Grounds Derby on the turf at Kentucky Downs Sept. 6.
- By Tom LaMarra
Tom LaMarra and Frank Angst handicap the $400,000 Super Derby at Louisiana Downs. watch video
Spendthrift Farm's Medal Count, a close third in this year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and one-for-one on turf, will return to the grass Sept. 6 for the inaugural $250,000 Dueling Grounds Derby at Kentucky Downs.
The 2014 Kentucky Downs September meet will feature record purses in excess of $1 million per card for each of its five days. The Franklin, Ky., track will open Saturday, Sept. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March