Pacesetter My Afleet ran the race of his life Sept. 6 at Kentucky Downs as he denied highly regarded Medal Count in a thrilling finish to the $250,000 Dueling Grounds Derby on the turf at Kentucky Downs Sept. 6.
- By Tom LaMarra
Tom LaMarra and Frank Angst handicap the $400,000 Super Derby at Louisiana Downs. watch video
Spendthrift Farm's Medal Count, a close third in this year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and one-for-one on turf, will return to the grass Sept. 6 for the inaugural $250,000 Dueling Grounds Derby at Kentucky Downs.
The 2014 Kentucky Downs September meet will feature record purses in excess of $1 million per card for each of its five days. The Franklin, Ky., track will open Saturday, Sept. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Shedding My Mask
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- A Great Ambassador
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride