Pacesetter My Afleet ran the race of his life Sept. 6 at Kentucky Downs as he denied highly regarded Medal Count in a thrilling finish to the $250,000 Dueling Grounds Derby on the turf at Kentucky Downs Sept. 6.
- By Tom LaMarra
Tom LaMarra and Frank Angst handicap the $400,000 Super Derby at Louisiana Downs. watch video
Spendthrift Farm's Medal Count, a close third in this year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and one-for-one on turf, will return to the grass Sept. 6 for the inaugural $250,000 Dueling Grounds Derby at Kentucky Downs.
The 2014 Kentucky Downs September meet will feature record purses in excess of $1 million per card for each of its five days. The Franklin, Ky., track will open Saturday, Sept. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night